Ring in the New Year with a night of unforgettable celebrations and entertainment inspired by some of Hollywood’s most famous films abroad the majestic Queen Mary onDecember 31, 2016. Travel throughout the ship’s decks, ballrooms, and salons to step into the magic of your favorite Hollywood movies. Each themed party will celebrate the sights and sounds of beloved movies, culminating with one of SoCal’s best New Year’s Eve fireworks display at midnight.
Dubbed SoCal’s best display, The Queen Mary’s fireworks will take place at 12am (midnight) off the stern of the ship.
NEW YEAR’S EVE ENTERTAINMENT:
- Verandah Deck Gazebo
- Celebrate 2017 with dancing on the Verandah Deck and live top 40 hits from well-known DJ Carisma and bunting, themed from the popular movie The Matrix.
- Verandah Grill
- Channel your inner George Clooney from Ocean’s Eleven and lounge at the Verandah Grill while playing popular casino games for prizes and sipping on your favorite classic cocktail.
- Grand Salon
- Sip champagne and swing dance to the Hedge Hog Swing Band with live band performances at 6:45pm, 8:30pm, and 10pm all inspired by the 1996 film The Godfather.
- Royal Salon
- Dust off your boots and pull up a bar stool for country line dancing and country music, influenced by John Trovolta’s Urban Cowboy. Live performances from Stephen Wesley at 8:45pm and 10:45pm, and line dancing instructions with Cindi Massegale at 8:15pm, 10pm, and 12:15am and performances from DJ Coral Rodriguez.
- Promenade Deck
- Become spellbound on the Promenade Deck, mimicking the iconic film Now You See Me with close-up magic from award-winning Magician John Armstrong, tarot card readers, a bar, and music featuring today’s top hits.
- Sports Deck
- Spin and dance onto the Sports Deck for black lights, LED furniture, top EDM hits by DJ CUTT, and neon face painting inspired by the science fiction film Avatar.
- Britannia Salon (VIP only)
- Dueling Pianos will take over the Goldfinger themed Britannia Salon at 8:20pm and 10pm, followed by live ballroom dance performances at 9:30pm and 11:20pm.
- Britannia Deck (VIP only)
- Step into the Arabian Night’s themed party with belly dancing performances at 8:45pm, 9:35pm, and 10:55pm and experience the hookah lounge with sessions open all night till 1am.
- Capstan Deck (VIP only)
- Pull up your leg warmers for the Capstan Deck’s Dirty Dancing inspired party and try the infamous dance-lift with the special “Dirty Dancing” demo at 8:25pm and 10pm. Table and bottle service and top 40 hits all night long, and That’s My Jam live performances 9pm and 10:45pm.
- Queens Salon (VIP only)
- Sweep across the dance floor with a Mambo Kinds inspired music, ambiance, and salsa dance instructions at 9pm, 10:30pm, and 12:05am. Enjoy live salsa dance performances by Chino Espinoza and Los Duenos Del Son at 8:00pm, 9:30pm, and 11:00pm.
December 31, 2016 7:30pm – 1am
The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802
TICKETS (21+ only):
- GA tickets $99 – include admission, fireworks, and access to select parties: Avatar, Urban Cowboy, Mambo Kings, Matrix, The Godfather, and Now You See Me.
- VIP tickets $199 – include admission, premium firework viewing, 2 drink tickets and access to all parties: Dirty Dancing, Avatar, Urban Cowboy, Mambo Kings, Matrix, The Godfather, Goldfinger, Arabian Nights, and Now You See Me.
- Table service packages with optional bottle service, and private cabanas are available. Reservations for dining at Queen Mary’s restaurants are required. For more information, pricing, hotel packages and more, visit http://queenmary.com or call 877-342- 0742.
About the Queen Mary
Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. The Queen Mary’s signature restaurants include the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar as well as a weekly Champagne Sunday Brunch served in the ship’s Grand Salon. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Glory Days tour, guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends show, and the ship is currently featuring the renowned Diana: Legacy of a Princess exhibit and Tea Room. The Queen Mary features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms including nine full suites. For more information or for reservations, see www.queenmary.com or call (800) 437-2934. The Queen Mary is located at 1126 Queens Highway in Long Beach.