Los Angeles May 2017 OUT Web Fest (OWF) returns on May 12th 2017 for three days to celebrate the best in independent LGBTQ digital storytelling with an opening night event at YouTube Space LA honoring Tyler Oakley and Gigi Gorgeous for their contributions to queer digital storytelling, include a screening of the acclaimed documentary This is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous, directed by multiple Academy Award-winning director Barbara Kopple. Tickets for the opening night event are free to attendees and can be reserved by visiting this link.
Festival screenings over the next two days will be at the historic Downtown Independent Theater in the heart of Los Angeles, where OWF will conduct category screenings and several high-profile industry panel sessions.
This year’s festival is presented in partnership with REVRY, the world’s first and only global LGBTQ-dedicated digital streaming service who will present a special screening each day of the festival. OWF will conclude with an awards presentation ceremony and special performances from emerging REVRY music artists at the popular gay bar and nightclub, Precinct.
Friday May 12th: 6pm – 10pm
@YouTube Space LA (12422 Bluff Creek Dr., LA 90094)
Saturday May 13th & Sunday May 14th: 1pm – 8pm (*10pm Afterparties)
YouTubers Present Include:
Gigi Gorgeous, Ari Fitz, Tyler Oakley, Hannah Hart, Ambers Closet, Max Emerson, Miles McKenna, ElloSteph, James Stapleton, John Oliviera, Mac Kahey, Tim Bryan, Drew Scott, Nastazsa Barrett, Miles Jai, Arlyne Sanjines, Jaclyn Glenn, Amy Ordman, Jordan Doww, Kate McGuire (Manager)
Industry Panelists Include
· Damian Pelliccione, REVRY, CEO
· Austyn Biggers, Viacom, Executive Producer
· George Rausch, Pluto TV, Director of Content
· Tim Winfred, Q. Digital, Director of Marketing and Brand Campaigns
· Peter Sloterdyk, Grindr, Vice President of Marketing
· Vivienne Errington-Barnes, HER Social App, Global Head of Partnerships & Community
· Dave Mace, Brian Graden Media, EVP of Development
· Austin Mayster, Studio71, Talent Manager
· Angela Nikas, EOne, Studio Development Executive
· Lotte Van Der Veer, Gunpowder & Sky, Director of Business Development
· Matt Sims, Maker Studios, Fmr. Head of Current Programming
· Greta McAnany, Blue Fever, Co-Founder
· Alex Garner, Hornet App, Senior Health Innovation Strategist
Dedicated to celebrating short-form content by and for the LGBTQ community, OWF’s mission is to provide the opportunity for all queer content creators to connect with the global community and celebrate the progressive evolution of LGBTQ entertainment.
OWF breaks the mold of other festivals by giving prominence and voice to the honest and unfiltered digital short-form storytelling that does not hinge on access to resources, lofty budgets, or elite “movers and shakers” in the industry. For more information, please visit: http:/ /www.outwebfest.com/
REVRY is the world’s first LGBTQ+ streaming platform dedicated to all forms of digital entertainment created by and for queer and allied audiences. A global first on both the new Apple TV and Google Chromecast, and also available on all Roku, Android, and iOS devices and the web, REVRY provides a convenient and queerated platform for discovering the best in LGBTQ entertainment.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, REVRY’s diverse team brings decades of experience in tech, digital media, and LGBTQ advocacy. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @REVRYTV and get 30 days FREE by signing up for REVRY today at: http://www.revry.tv/