GRAND OLE OPRY LEGEND, JEANNIE SEELY, CELEBRATED ON SIRIUSXM’S WILLIE’S ROADHOUSE WITH ‘AN AMERICAN CLASSIC’ VIRTUAL TOWN HALL & ALBUM RELEASE SPECIAL
One-hour SiriusXM Exclusive Hosted by Dallas Wayne and Joined by Special Guests Bill Anderson, Rhonda Vincent, Steve Wariner and Willie Nelson
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (September 2, 2020) — Grammy winning artist and Grand Ole Opry member, Jeannie Seely, celebrated her 80th birthday along with the release of her highly acclaimed new album, ‘An American Classic,’ recently released on Curb Records. The Willie’s Roadhouse on-air personality was joined by fellow SiriusXM broadcaster Dallas Wayne, who hosted a virtual Town Hall and some very special guests including Bill Anderson, Rhonda Vincent, Steve Wariner, Willie Nelson, and SiriusXM subscribers. Tune in to the event’s broadcast schedule below. Deeplink to the special: http://siriusxm.us/
SiriusXM subscribers can listen to Willie’s Roadhouse (channel 59) on SiriusXM radios, and those with streaming access can listen online, on-the-go with the SiriusXM mobile app and at home on a wide variety of connected devices, including smart TVs, devices with Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more. The SiriusXM app also offers additional features such as SiriusXM video, Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora that listeners can curate themselves, and an On Demand library with more than 10,000 hours of archived shows, exclusive music performances, interviews and audio documentaries. SiriusXM has special offers for new subscribers including three months of a SiriusXM Essential Streaming subscription for Free. To see Offer Details and to subscribe, visit www.SiriusXM.com/free3.
Jeannie Seely – “An American Classic” Virtual Town Hall & Album Release Special Broadcast Schedule:
Friday 9/4 6 pm ET (Premiere)
Saturday 9/5 11 am ET & 7 pm ET
Sunday 9/6 3 pm & 8 pm ET
Monday 9/7 12 pm & 11 pm ET
View clips from the online recording session on YouTube links below:
Rhonda Vincent Reflects on Joining the Grand Ole Opry – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Jeannie Seely & Steve Wariner Talk About Dottie West – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Jeannie Seely Recalls When She First Met Willie Nelson – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Jeannie Seely Thanks Willie Nelson For His Gratitude – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Willie Nelson Tells a Hank Cochran Story – https://www.youtube.com/watch?
“This was the next best thing to being together in person,” exclaimed Jeanny Seely! “I appreciate these wonderful folks contributing their talents to my album and appreciate even more taking time out of their schedules to celebrate with me! Thank you SiriusXM, Willie’s Roadhouse and all of our fans for joining us!!
”I love you Jeannie and I will always be there for you, you know that,” shared Willie Nelson. “You are doing such a fantastic job on Willie’s Roadhouse and I just want to congratulate you. I’m glad you are there representing us and everybody in Country music, because you are really doing a great job.”
Jeannie Seely – An American Classic Track List:
1. “So Far, So Good” – Songwriters Penn Pennington & Mitch Ballard – Recorded with The Whites (Sharon and Cheryl).
2. “If You Could Call It That” – Songwriters Dottie West, Steve Wariner and Bobby Tomberlin – Recorded with Steve Wariner. Dottie West left a notebook of song ideas and Steve Wariner and Bobby Tomberlin finished the song. Dottie and Jeannie were close friends.
3. “To Make a Dream Come True” – Songwriter C.W. “Buddy” Kalb Jr. – Buddy Kalb wrote “The Mississippi Squirrel Revival” for Ray Stevens, and “Frog Kissing” for Chet Atkins.
4. “Teach Me Tonight” – Songwriters Sammy Cahn and Gene De Paul – This was originally a hit for Jo Stafford in 1954; it has also been recorded by Janet Brace, Dinah Washington, Helen Graco, the De Castro Sisters and the McGuire Sisters.
5. “Can I Sleep in Your Arms” – Songwriter Hank Cochran – This was a top ten hit for Jeannie in 1974. Original was produced by legendary producer Walter Haynes. Released in July 1973 under MCA Records, the song peaked at #6 on the Billboard Magazine Hot Country Singles chart, becoming Seely’s first top ten solo hit since 1968, and first major hit on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada, reaching #4. The song, written by Seely’s one-time husband Hank Cochran, was also recorded by Willie Nelson for his classic album, Red Headed Stranger.
6. “All Through Crying Over You’” – Songwriter Jeannie Seely – Recorded with Rhonda Vincent. This song is a country “shuffle” that features Rhonda Vincent, reigning queen of Bluegrass music, whose recent #1 hit, “Like I Could,” was written by Jeannie Seely.
7. “When Two Worlds Collide” – Songwriters Roger Miller and Bill Anderson – Recorded with Bill Anderson. Roger Miller and Bill Anderson are both in the Country Music Hall of Fame. Was originally a hit for Roger Miller in 1961; later was a chart single for Jim Reeves and Jerry Lee Lewis.
8. “Not a Dry Eye in the House” – Songwriter Dallas Wayne – Recorded with Willie Nelson who sings and plays his famous guitar, “Trigger,” on this song.
9. “Peaceful Waters”- Songwriter Don Cusic – Celtic-flavored song with bagpipes; harkens back to the British Isles roots of country music.
10. “Old Flames (Can’t Hold a Candle to You)” – Songwriters Pebe Sebert and Hugh Moffatt – Recorded with Waylon Payne. Was originally a hit for Joe Sun in 1978; was a number one single for Dolly Parton in 1980. Jeannie Seely recorded this song with Jody Payne, Willie Nelson’s longtime guitar player. Waylon is the son of the late country star, Sammi Smith, and Jody Payne.
11. “That’s How I Roll” – Songwriters Tim Atwood & Brent Ronen – Recorded with Lorrie Morgan on vocals, and Vince Gill on guitar, this is a rockabilly rockin’ song with super-slick piano.
12. “Don’t Touch Me” – Songwriter Hank Cochran – Jeannie’s first hit in 1967; she won the Best Female Country Vocal Performance accolade at the GRAMMY® Awards.
13. “Dance Tonight” – Songwriter Paul McCartney – Recorded with Ray Stevens, who sings a duet with Jeannie on this song. Written by former Beatle, Paul McCartney.
Stay in touch with Jeannie Seely on her website and all of her social media platforms Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Digital downloads, streaming and physical copies of An American Classic are available at https://JeannieSeely.lnk.to/
About Jeannie Seely
Country music legend Jeannie Seely has achieved chart topping songs as a solo artist, as a duet partner, and as a songwriter. Early in her career, Jeannie’s deeply moving vocals earned her the nickname of “Miss Country Soul,” a title that’s still used today. Jeannie’s biggest dream came true when she was inducted as a member of the world-famous Grand Ole Opry, becoming the first Pennsylvania native to do so. Jeannie takes much pride in her involvement and support of musicians’ rights. In 2017, Jeannie celebrated her 50th anniversary as a member of the Grand Ole Opry. From her 1966 Top 10 Billboard album The Seely Style to her recent self–produced album Written In Song, consisting entirely of songs she’s written, Jeannie’s recordings have spanned six decades and provided enjoyment to country music fans all around the world. In his 2003 book “Finding Her Voice: Women In Country Music,” music critic Robert K. Oermann wrote, “With her chin-out, tough/tender, heart-of-gold manner, Jeannie Seely remains one of country’s most completely modern female personalities,” and that statement still holds true. Keep up with all things Jeannie Seely at www.jeannieseely.com.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S., and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM and Pandora together reach more than 100 million people each month with their audio products. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers. For more about SiriusXM, please go to: www.siriusxm.com.
About Curb Records:
Celebrating 56 years in business, Curb Records is one of the world’s leading independent music companies. Owned and operated by Mike Curb since 1964, Curb Records has achieved 435 number one records, over 1,500 hundred Top Ten records and charted over 4,500 total records. With over a half century in operation, Curb Records has been influential in the careers of some of the biggest names in music, including: Tim McGraw, Hank Williams, Jr., Rodney Atkins, Lee Brice, LeAnn Rimes, The Judds, Dylan Scott, Sawyer Brown, Wynonna, Lyle Lovett, JoDee Messina, Hal Ketchum and Desert Rose Band, among many others. Today’s roster includes some of the top names across multiple genres of music. For more information, visit www.curb.com