Event to Feature Professional Dancers Dmitry Chaplin, Chelsie Hightower, Tristan MacManus and Anna Trebunskaya Hosted by Shark Tank’s Robert Herjavec & Olympic Gold Medalist Kristi Yamaguchi
Tickets for Shall We Dance on Ice Now On Sale
LAS VEGAS (September 19, 2016) – The Mandalay Bay Events Center and Disson Skating are pleased to announce Shall We Dance on Ice in Las Vegas Sunday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. The event will showcase a journey of dance through the ages with dancing, ice skating and music. The show will also feature a live musical performance by the Goo Goo Dolls, who recently released their new album Boxes. The show will feature top ice dancers and professional dancers who have choreographed numbers to the Goo Goo Dolls’ music.
Tickets priced at $99.50, $74.50, $49.50 and $39.50, plus service charges and taxes, are on sale now and can be purchased at any Mandalay Bay ticketing outlet, online at mandalaybay.com and AXS.com, or by phone at (702) 632-7580.
The cast features the most decorated ice dancing team in U.S. figure skating history, 2014 Olympic Champions, two-time World Champions and six-time U.S. Champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White. Following the Olympics, Davis and White competed in the 18th season of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars where Davis was crowned champion and White was a semi-finalist.
The magical night will be hosted by Robert Herjavec, the star of ABC’s Shark Tank and a former Dancing with the Stars contestant. He will be joined by 1992 Olympic gold medalist and former Dancing with the Stars champion Kristi Yamaguchi.
In addition to Davis and White, the ice dancing cast will include:
- 2009 European Champion Bronze Medalists, seven-time British Champions and 2010 British Olympic team members Sinead & John Kerr
- Five-time U.S. Champions Naomi Lang & Peter Tchernyshev
- Two-time Danish Champions Laurence Fournier-Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen
- Three-time Canadian Bronze Medalists Alexandra Paul & Mitchell Islam
- Two-time U.S. Bronze Medalists Kim Navarro & Brent Bommentre
- The Israeli team of Isabella Tobias (placed in Top 10 in two European Championships, 2014 Lithuanian Olympic team member) and IIya Tkachenko (Russian National Silver & Bronze Medalist)
- Principal dancers with Ice Dance International Beata Handra (2002 Olympian and four-time U.S. Pewter Medalist) and Joel Dear (U.S. National Competitor & Medalist)
The all-star professional dance cast includes:
- Dmitry Chaplin – a Russian-born dancer, actor, choreographer, and teacher, Chaplin began ballroom dancing at the age of 12 and has won many national and international titles whilst representing the United States. He has appeared as a star professional on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and as a competitor and Emmy®-nominated choreographer on FOX’s So You Think You Can Dance. He headlined the Las Vegas spectacular “Dancing with the Stars – Live” and has choreographed and made appearances on several TV shows including FOX’s Bones and ABC Family’s Baby Daddy.
- Chelsie Hightower – a multi-talented American dancer, teacher and Emmy®-nominated choreographer, Hightower was a professional dance partner and choreographer on Dancing with the Stars for seven seasons, competed on season four of So You Think You Can Dance and was selected as one of 10 So You Think You Can Dance all-stars in season 10. She also tours the country teaching and performing at corporate and charity events. Her dancing career started at the age of nine and she won her first national title at the age of 11.
- Tristan MacManus – widely known as a dance pro in the hit reality show Dancing with the Stars, MacManus started dancing in his hometown of Bray, County Wicklow, Ireland. He later competed around Europe winning numerous championships and appeared in several live productions including “Oliver!,” “Aladdin” and “Simply Ballroom,” among others. He also joined the cast of “Dirty Dancing” as Dance Captain and appeared in the movie, “Ella Enchanted.” MacManus appeared in five seasons of Dancing with the Stars pairing up with five well-known celebrities, including skater Dorothy Hamill.
- Anna Trebunskaya – she made her Dancing with the Stars debut during the show’s second season, partnering with NFL legend Jerry Rice and placing 2nd on the hit competition show. Since then, fan favorite Trebunskaya has waltzed, foxtrotted, tangoed and cha cha’ed with celebrities and athletes such as NFL quarterback Kurt Warner, US Olympic figure skater Evan Lysacek, boxing great Sugar Ray Leonard, UFC fighter Chuck Liddell, actor Steve Guttenberg, fashion guru Carson Kressley, soap opera star Jack Wagner and 98 Degrees heartthrob and Broadway actor Drew Lachey. Trebunskaya is an entrepreneur and owns the You Can Dance ballroom studio in Hermosa Beach, Calif., with her mother, Irina.
The multi-platinum, Grammy-nominated Goo Goo Dolls are one of the most globally respected and influential forces in popular music, selling more than 12 million albums since 1986. They have scored 14 Top 10 radio hits (more than any other artist in the history of the Hot AC format), including “Name,” “Slide,” and “Iris,” the latter spending nearly 12 straight months on the Billboard charts and holding the No. 1 position for 17 consecutive weeks. The band has toured the globe countless times, performed in front of millions of fans, received numerous awards (including four Grammy nominations), and recorded and released eleven studio albums. Rzeznik has also been honored with the Songwriters Hall of Fame Hal David Starlight Award.
Douglas Webster, the Founding Artistic Director of Ice Dance International, will serve as the show’s Artistic Director and Choreographer. He has worked on more than 45 full-scale productions in nearly 10 years.
The show is part of the Colgate Skating Series and will be taped for an ABC telecast, airing at a later date.
# # #
About Disson Skating:
Disson Skating annually produces nationally televised figure skating spectaculars, all featuring celebrity guest artists on ABC. Disson Skating’s shows continue to capture large television audiences with every event and Disson Skating has earned the reputation as the leading producers of televised ice skating spectaculars in the United States.
MANDALAY BAY EVENTS CENTER (only)
The Mandalay Bay Events Center is a multi-purpose arena home to World Championship Boxing, premier concerts and special events. With seating for as many as 12,000, the Events Center offers excellent sightlines and state-of-the-art lighting and sound. Prominent events have included concerts such as Justin Timberlake, KISS, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, John Mayer, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne, Alejandro Fernandez and David Foster & Friends. World championship boxing events have featured fighters including Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather, Shane Mosley and Bernard Hopkins. The Mandalay Bay Events Center also is home to multiple Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) events throughout the year and the annual Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Auction.