Last night’s Academy Awards Viewing Party was a major success! Thanks to our guests, our sponsors, everyone who participated in our auction and all of you who donated online, we raised more than $6.3 million to help our grantees end HIV/AIDS by 2030.
The night was filled with unforgettable moments, including Elton’s surprise performance with Rocketman’s Taron Egerton and the speech by Chairman of the Fulton County Commission Robb Pitts about our partnership in Georgia.
Funds from this event will benefit our grantees who are doing critical work that includes:
- Fighting HIV within the opioid crisis in Miami
- Treating HIV-positive migrants in Tijuana
- Increasing access to HIV testing for gay men in Moscow
- Testing and treating sex workers in Zimbabwe
- Launching a wellness program for the transgender community in Selma
- Caring for children living with HIV in the UK
- Expanding adolescent HIV treatment in Uganda
- Leadership training for young people at risk of HIV in Memphis
- Distributing anonymous HIV testing kits in Vietnam
- Providing legal representation for HIV-positive people facing discrimination globally
Visit our Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook and search the #EJAFOscars hashtag for more highlights from the evening. And stay tuned as we put these funds into action throughout 2019 and beyond.