LOS ANGELES (Jan. 13) – United Airlines, PEOPLE, Champagne Taittinger
, Subaru, FIJI® Water, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants, Chopin Imports,
and Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto
are among the dedicated corporate partners joining the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® in support of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
, SAG Awards Committee Chair JoBeth Williams
and SAG-AFTRA Executive Director Cyd Wilson
announced today. This marks the 24th year PEOPLE
will host the official Post-Awards Gala, which celebrates the SAG Awards’ financial commitment to supporting the SAG-AFTRA Foundation and SAG-AFTRA members’ philanthropy to the Foundation and to their fellow working actors.
The 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards Awards® will be simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020 at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT.
“The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is the benefitting charity of the SAG Awards and we rely on our generous sponsors to maintain our vital safety net for performing artists,” said Cyd Wilson, Executive Director of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation. “We are grateful for these partnerships, which help fund our emergency assistance and no-cost educational programs for thousands of performing artists throughout the year. We thank the SAG Awards and our sponsors for their annual support and their commitment to the artists of our industry.”
These collaborators and corporate partners make financial pledges to support the work of the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, and many of them opt to enhance the SAG Awards and the Post-Awards Gala with gifts in kind.
The SAG Awards is proud of how many of its partners return year after year and is delighted to welcome the participation of new partner Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto. We asked our returning partners to share in their own words why they support the SAG Awards. Their answers are below:
- United Airlines – Our 25-year partnership with the SAG Awards reflects our investment in the entertainment industry and the 160,000 members it represents. As an airline, we bring people from around the world together, just as the SAG and entertainment industry have brought people together for generations.
- Instagram: @United
- PEOPLE – For the 24th year, Meredith Corporation’s PEOPLE is honored to host the official SAG Awards Post-Awards Gala, which celebrates the charitable efforts of actors in their communities and caps off the sponsors’ annual donation to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation. In gratitude for the countless hours of volunteer work by actors and the entertainment community, Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C), a division of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), will make a grant to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s emergency assistance programs, which helps performing artists in urgent need. PEOPLE has a long history of celebrating the philanthropic efforts of Hollywood and supporting charitable initiatives across all of its platforms, and is pleased to once again support the SAG-AFTRA Foundation in this way.
- Instagram: @PEOPLE
- Champagne Taittinger – “The SAG Awards unites this family of actors and actresses and all the people related to the film industry. By supporting the SAG-AFTRA Foundation and its Emergency Assistance programs, all who are committed to this business are represented, helped, and celebrated. As a Family (Champagne) House, one of our core values is FAMILY. It means many things to us, but mainly: taking care of our people – they are our extended family. We (Taittinger and SAG) both want to support the genius of people in their industries – in what they dream and help them to maintain their creativity. For me, this partnership is a perfect kind of echo.” – Vitalie Taittinger, President, Champagne Taittinger
- Instagram: @champagnetaittinger
- Subaru of America, Inc. has been a proud SAG Awards partner and on-air sponsor since 2004 and, this year, will be a special year. Celebrities aren’t the only ones barking… ahem basking, in the spotlight. The 2020 Screen Actors Guild Awards welcomes the Subaru Barkley Family and they’re ready to raise the woof on this special event!
- Instagram:: @subaru_usa
- Facebook: /subaruofamerica
Twitter: @subaru _usa
- FIJI® Water – The SAG Awards celebrates full ensembles in the cast that help create stories and bring them to life. Being able to have FIJI Water hydrate and celebrate all attendees throughout the night is a highlight of every Award Season.
- Instagram: @FIJIWater
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants – “The SAG Awards not only recognizes the best in film, but they also celebrate a community of people who are extremely passionate about their craft. We at Cooper’s Hawk understand that passion and have built a company dedicated to celebrating life’s biggest moments; often around food and wine. By sponsoring the SAG Awards, we get to celebrate that passion alongside extraordinary actors, directors and producers who are also celebrating big achievements.” – Tim McEnery, Founder/CEO, Cooper’s Hawk
- Instagram: @chwinery
- Chopin Imports – When the most outstanding actors are being recognized for their hard work, Chopin Imports is there to raise a glass to them. SAG Award nominees and guests deserve the finest and each of our spirits (and cocktails) showcases world-class offerings. We are dedicated to working with brands focused on passion, craftmanship, best-in-class, and a commitment to quality.
- Instagram: @chopinvodka
- Talenti® Gelato & Sorbetto is excited to be part of a celebration that recognizes the achievements of those in film and celebrates a community of people who are dedicated to their passion. We at Talenti also dedicate ourselves to our true passion: crafting gelato & sorbetto the way it used to be made. We look forward to raising a jar of Talenti to celebrate the extraordinary achievements of those honored.
- Instagram: @Talenti
SAG-AFTRA members contribute time, talent and funding toward the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s endeavors as part of their work with charitable causes. By choosing to sponsor the SAG Awards, these partners prove they understand how important the ceremony on TNT & TBS is to their companies’ values, and that they realize the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s initiatives make important contributions to performers, their families, and to society at large.
About the SAG-AFTRA Foundation
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is a philanthropic 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides vital assistance and educational programming to SAG-AFTRA artists while serving the public at large through its award-winning children’s literacy program Storyline Online®. For more than 34 years, the Foundation has granted more than $20 million in financial and medical assistance, disaster relief and scholarships to SAG-AFTRA families. In addition, the nonprofit has offered over 9,400 free educational workshops, panels and classes SAG-AFTRA artists nationwide. Further, its Emmy®-nominated children’s literacy program Storyline Online has brought the love of reading to more than 575 million children worldwide. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation relies entirely on grants, sponsorships and individual contributions to maintain its free programs and resources and is the benefitting charity of the annual SAG Awards. For more information, visit sagaftra.foundation.
Connect with the Foundation:
About the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®
The 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards®, presented by SAG-AFTRA with Screen Actors Guild Awards, LLC will be produced by Avalon Harbor Entertainment, Inc. and Hazy Mills Productions and will be simulcast live on TNT and TBS on Sunday, January 19, 2020, at 8 p.m. (ET) / 5 p.m. (PT). For more information about the SAG Awards®, SAG-AFTRA, TNT and TBS, visit sagawards.org/about.
Connect with the SAG Awards®
TNT, a WarnerMedia Entertainment brand, is watched by more people than any other cable network and known for big, lean-forward television that gives viewers the best seat in the house for electrifying stories, dynamic characters and thrilling events. TNT is home to some of television’s most popular original series, including The Alienist, Animal Kingdom, Claws, I Am the Night, the upcoming sequel The Alienist: The Angel of Darkness, and the eagerly anticipated, sci-fi thriller Snowpiercer. TNT is expanding its programming to include premium unscripted with the docuseries Shaq Life, giving an all-access look at the larger-than-life personality. TNT also presents popular shows such as Bones and Castle, in addition to primetime specials and sports coverage, including the NBA and NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championships and the professional wrestling league All Elite Wrestling (AEW), which has exploded onto the scene with AEW Dynamite premiering as the night’s #1 wrestling show.
TBS, a WarnerMedia Entertainment brand, is a top rated destination for television among young adults and known for escapist, lean-back entertainment, featuring smart, imaginative stories with heart and comedic edge. From scripted comedy series to late-night shows, game shows, animated programming and, starting in 2020, drama series, TBS’ Originals slate comprises some of the most popular shows on cable — Miracle Workers, CONAN, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, The Last O.G. and American Dad!. TBS’s upcoming scripted series include the action dramedy Obliterated and the comedy Chad. The network’s slate of premium, unscripted series includes the popular game show The Misery Index. TBS’s lineup also includes comedy hits like Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory, classic sitcom favorites Friends and Seinfeld, blockbuster movies and live event coverage of Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and ELEAGUE, WarnerMedia’s eSports gaming competition. Viewers can watch shows on the TBS app, available for iOS, Android, Xbox One and other platforms and devices.