With summer arriving and only 35 percent of Americans planning to take a family vacation away from home this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017’s Best & Worst Cities for Staycations.
To identify the best spots for staying local, WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 150 largest cities across 36 key indicators of a fun-filled yet wallet-friendly staycation. The data ranges from movie and bowling costs to spas and wellness centers per capita to cost of house-cleaning services.
Staycationing in Los Angeles (1=Best; 75=Avg.)
- 12th – Swimming Pools per Capita
- 28th – Tennis Courts per Capita
- 128th – Public Golf Courses per Capita
- 57th – Zoos & Aquariums per Capita
- 22nd – Museums per Capita
- 19th – Spas & Wellness Centers per Capita
- 23rd – Nightlife Options per Capita
- 71st – Shopping Centers per Capita
- 11th – Theaters & Concert Halls per Capita
- 47th – Beer Gardens per Capita
- 59th – Cost of House-Cleaning Service
- 149th – Cost of Movie Ticket
For the full report, please visit: